STUDENT HOMESTAY IMMERSION ITALY
2023/2024 – SHORT TERM
HIGH SCHOOL HOMESTAY PROGRAMS
HOMESTAY IMMERSION ITALY – 4 & 8 WEEK
4 WEEK PROGRAM
Check out the cost of our Homestay Immersion in Italy
Application & Payment Deadline:
5 months before departure
High School Homestay Programs Italy
During the Italian school year, students from around Australia head to Europe to experience the fun of life living with a host family while improving their Italian language skills. Students also participate in school with host brothers & sisters and for example enjoy the traditions and festivity of Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Students will see their Italian language skills improve quickly and efficiently due to the constant immersion in the Italian language.
Homestay and High School Matching
- Students accept to be placed anywhere in Italy depending on where the best match is found. Host families can be in rural areas or in middle or large size cities which are safe and have excellent public transportation.
- Our priority is to select friendly and suitable host families who are happy to help students in their educational experience
- The placement is made in matching a student with a family according to various criteria including their common interests, hobbies and activities.
- The student will be given the chance to go to an Italian school – “Scuola Superior” with a host sibling (the Italian student and the participant may not be in the same class)
The scuola superior (high school) in Italy takes students for five years between 14 and 18.
Classes usually take place during weekday mornings, some schools require attendance on Saturdays as well. The schedule generally goes from 8:00 am until 2:00pm.
The aim of this school integration is to discover the Italian school system, and overall have a social integration with Italian teenagers. As this program is non-academic there is no pressure on the student to actively participate unless they want to.
Nacel has been refining the art of language and cultural immersion programs, domestic and international, for over 60 years. The variety and quality of our programs underpin our reputation.
PROGRAM FEE DETAILS
Applications received after the closing date are subject to availability of places. Once your completed Outbound Student Profile is received, Nacel will confirm your acceptance on the program.
Criteria For Short Term Student Language Programs
Students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Aged between 14 and 18-years-old
- A strong interest in learning about and participating in a European culture
- A high level of motivation to make the most of the immersion program at every opportunity to really improve language skills and cultural awareness
- Short Term programs — 1 year high school language study
- An open and flexible attitude to integrating into a new family, school and community