STUDENT HOMESTAY IMMERSION SPAIN
2023/2024 – SHORT TERM
HIGH SCHOOL HOMESTAY PROGRAMS
HOMESTAY IMMERSION SPAIN– 4, 6 & 8 WEEK
Homestay Immersion Spain – All year round, students from around Australia head to Europe to experience the fun of life living with a host family while improving their Spanish language skills. Students also participate in school with host brothers & sisters and for example enjoy the traditions and festivity of Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Why not take the opportunity to discover a part of Europe for a unique cultural and language experience. Come to Spain to learn Spanish, while enjoying the end of year festivities including several unique celebrations. You will live with a family and go to a local Spanish high school, which is a great way to make friends, and of course practice your Spanish at the same time. Students, in these programs, see their Spanish language skills improve quickly and efficiently while they are immersed in the Spanish language and culture.
Homestay and High School Matching
- Students accept to be placed anywhere in Spain depending on where the best match is found.
- The placement is made by matching a student with a family according to various criteria including their common interests, hobbies and activities.
- The student will be given the chance to go to a Spanish school, and our team in Spain will make the best efforts to find a family with a host sibling (the Spanish student and the participant may not be in the same class)
The educational system is divided into 3 stages:
- elementary education (from 6 to 12),
- secondary education (from 12 to 16)
- and the Bachillerato (from 16 to 18).
In secondary school, the core subjects are: mathematics, Spanish and literature, natural sciences, social sciences, foreign language (English), physical education, plastic and visual arts, music and technology; while in the “Bachillerato”, students must take philosophy, Spanish and literature, foreign language, history and physical education. Three more optional subjects can be added, based on the school’s offering.
Generally speaking, school starts at 8am and finishes at 2:45pm with a 30 minute break at 11am. Lunch is taken late after school. The typical lunch break in Spain is between 2pm and 3pm.
This program is non-academic so there is no pressure on the student in terms of academic results while in Spain.
Nacel has been refining the art of language and cultural immersion programs, domestic and international, for over 60 years. The variety and quality of our programs underpin our reputation.
PROGRAM FEE DETAILS
Applications received after the closing date are subject to availability of places. Once your completed Outbound Student Profile is received, Nacel will confirm your acceptance on the program.
Criteria For Short Term Student Language Programs
Students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Aged between 14 and 18-years-old
- A strong interest in learning about and participating in a European culture
- A high level of motivation to make the most of the immersion program at every opportunity to really improve language skills and cultural awareness
- Short Term programs — 1 year high school language study
- An open and flexible attitude to integrating into a new family, school and community